1. In 1904, the University of Oklahoma held its first ever intercollegiate basketball game on February 20 against Kingfisher College. OU won the game 31-4.
2. On February 20, 1946, the Tinker Air Force Base was established in Oklahoma City. It is now the largest single-site employer in the state of Oklahoma.
3. On this day in 1986, a group of Oklahoma City residents gathered in front of the state capitol building to protest the state's strict abortion laws. This demonstration was part of a national movement for reproductive rights.
4. In 2008, the Oklahoma state legislature established February 20 as "Oklahoma History Day". This day is now recognized annually to celebrate the state's rich history and heritage.
5. February 20, 2021 marked the 10th anniversary of the devastating F3 tornado that hit the city of Madill, Oklahoma. The tornado caused significant damage and claimed the lives of four people. Despite this tragedy, the city has since rebuilt and continues to thrive.
5 Fun Facts About February 20 In Oklahoma History
---Learn Every Day: OK Today In History Facts Texted Each Day - Text: history ok To: 618-270-4005---
- Tags: OK
← Older Post Newer Post →