1. The deadliest blizzard in North Dakota history struck on April 20, 1920, killing 74 people and countless cattle and livestock.
2. In 1898, North Dakota was proclaimed a state on April 20, marking a significant milestone in the state's history.
3. April 20, 2016, was an important day for North Dakota's oil industry as Governor Jack Dalrymple signed legislation that would allow for the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline.
4. In 1978, Fargo, North Dakota, recorded a record-low temperature of -1°F on April 20.
5. On April 20, 2004, the North Dakota State University Bison football team won their first-ever Division I-AA national championship, a moment that is celebrated by football fans in the state to this day.
- Tags: ND