1. In 1833, the city of Chicago was incorporated as a town, marking its official founding.
2. On April 22, 1930, a tornado struck the town of Manito, Illinois, killing 7 people and causing significant damage to the town.
3. The first Earth Day was celebrated on April 22, 1970, with rallies and events taking place across the country to promote environmental awareness.
4. In 1993, the Illinois State Senate passed a resolution designating April 22 as Illinois Holocaust Remembrance Day, honoring the victims of the Holocaust and promoting education and awareness of the tragedy.
5. On April 22, 2009, the Chicago Cubs played their first game at their newly renovated ballpark, Wrigley Field, complete with upgraded amenities and a new outfield bleacher section.
- Tags: IL