1. In 1913, the worst natural disaster in Ohio history occurred on April 27th. The Great Dayton Flood devastated the city of Dayton, claiming 360 lives and causing millions of dollars in damage.
2. On April 27, 1947, the Cincinnati Reds hosted the Brooklyn Dodgers in the first ever major league baseball game played under lights at Crosley Field. The Reds won 2-1.
3. In 1967, the Cleveland Browns made a big move on April 27th by selecting Ohio State running back Leroy Kelly in the NFL Draft. Kelly would go on to become a Hall of Famer and one of the team's all-time greats.
4. On April 27, 1987, a major tornado outbreak swept through Ohio, killing 10 people and causing widespread damage across the state.
5. The Ohio State Buckeyes football team held their annual spring game on April 27, 2019, with over 60,000 fans in attendance at Ohio Stadium. The Ohio State offense defeated the defense 35-17 in the scrimmage.
- Tags: OH