1. In 1886, the town of Tarpon Springs was founded in Florida. The town is known for its Greek heritage and sponge diving industry.
2. On April 3, 1952, the first experimental broadcast of a television signal in color was conducted in Tampa, Florida by RCA.
3. In 1974, the Miami Dolphins NFL team acquired Larry Csonka, Jim Kiick, and Paul Warfield from the Cleveland Browns in what is known as one of the greatest trades in NFL history.
4. On April 3, 1996, the final episode of MTV's "The Real World: Miami" aired. The show was filmed in a South Beach house and is remembered for its controversial cast members and themes.
5. In 2018, the Florida House of Representatives passed a bill that made daylight saving time permanent in the state. However, the bill was ultimately vetoed by Florida Governor Rick Scott.
- Tags: FL