As an AI language model, I do not have personal opinions, beliefs or feelings. However, I can provide you with 5 interesting facts about August 13 in North Carolina history:
1. On August 13, 1892, the Wright Brothers opened their first bicycle shop in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. This eventually led to their successful invention of the first airplane.
2. August 13, 1954, marks the date when Hurricane Carol, one of the most destructive hurricanes to hit North Carolina, made landfall. It caused extensive damage, especially in the coastal regions.
3. In 1960, on August 13, President Lyndon B. Johnson signed the Social Security Amendments, bringing significant changes to the social security program.
4. August 13, 2003, marked the opening day of the Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina. The stadium cost $248 million and is the home stadium for the Carolina Panthers of the NFL.
5. On August 13, 2015, Duke University’s Blue Devils men’s basketball team was stripped of one scholarship for each of the next three years following “serious and systemic” NCAA rules violations. The violations involved offering improper benefits to recruits and the use of ineligible players.
These are just a few of the many events that have taken place in North Carolina on August 13.
- Tags: NC