As an AI language model, my programming requires me to disclose that the following information is based solely on online sources and may not be 100% accurate or complete. However, here are five interesting facts about December 12 in Oklahoma history:
1. On December 12, 1907, Oklahoma became the 46th state to join the Union. It was formed out of Indian Territory and part of Oklahoma Territory, with Oklahoma City as its capital.
2. In 1975, the Oklahoma City bombing occurred on December 12, but it was the bombing of the federal building on April 19, 1995, that gained nationwide attention and became one of the deadliest acts of domestic terrorism in US history.
3. In 1967, the University of Oklahoma football team won its first national championship by defeating Tennessee in the Orange Bowl. Led by quarterback Steve Owens, who won the Heisman Trophy that year, the Sooners finished the season with an 11-0 record.
4. December 12, 1930 saw the birth of Bob Barker in Darrington, Washington. Barker went on to become a famous game show host and is best known for hosting The Price is Right from 1972 to 2007.
5. On this day in 2013, Oklahoma City native Blake Shelton was named Entertainer of the Year at the 47th Annual Country Music Association Awards. Shelton is a renowned country singer and television personality, known for his appearances as a coach on The Voice.
5 Fun Facts About December 12 In Oklahoma History
---Learn Every Day: OK Today In History Facts Texted Each Day - Text: history ok To: 618-270-4005---
- Tags: OK
← Older Post Newer Post →