1. In 1792, Rhode Island became the first state to ratify the United States Bill of Rights.
2. In 1905, the Providence Bruins hockey team was founded.
3. In 1979, the first female governor of Rhode Island, J. Joseph Garrahy, was inaugurated.
4. In 1991, the Rhode Island Supreme Court ruled that the state's anti-abortion law was unconstitutional, making it one of the first states in the country to protect the right to choose.
5. In 2019, Rhode Island became the first state to authorize the use of mobile sports betting in the United States.
5 Fun Facts About December 12 In Rhode Island History
---Learn Every Day: RI Today In History Facts Texted Each Day - Text: history ri To: 618-270-4005---
- Tags: RI
← Older Post Newer Post →