1. On December 23, 1776, the Battle of Trenton occurred during the American Revolutionary War. Although North Carolina troops did not directly participate in the battle, the victory was an important morale boost for the Continental Army and helped secure support for the American cause.
2. The North Carolina Symphony, one of the oldest state-supported symphonies in the country, held its inaugural performance on December 23, 1932. The symphony has since become a cultural institution, offering performances and educational programs throughout the state.
3. On December 23, 1987, Ebony Fashion Fair, a traveling fashion show featuring African American models, made its North Carolina debut. The show was a major event in the state's fashion scene and helped promote diversity and inclusion in the industry.
4. In 2003, on December 23, NASCAR driver Kevin Harvick and his wife DeLana opened KHI Management, a sports marketing and management firm based in Kernersville, North Carolina. The company has since worked with a range of professional athletes and teams, including NASCAR drivers and NFL players.
5. On December 23, 2019, the North Carolina Zoo announced the birth of a new southern white rhinoceros calf named Bonnie. The calf was the third successful birth of its kind at the zoo, and helped support conservation efforts for this endangered species.
- Tags: NC