1) In 1823, Fort Moultrie, which served as a crucial outpost during the Second Seminole War, was established in what is now known as Key West.
2) On December 3, 1961, the iconic Miami Marine Stadium opened, serving as a popular venue for boat racing, concerts, and other events for over 30 years.
3) The Florida Supreme Court upheld Florida's ban on gay adoption on December 3, 2010, a decision that was later overturned in 2015.
4) In 1835, the Battle of Lake Okeechobee took place, a significant conflict during the Second Seminole War between Native American Seminole warriors and the United States Army.
5) In 2018, Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston became the first player in NFL history with back-to-back games of at least 450 passing yards. He accomplished this feat on December 2 and 9, but his December 3 performance brought him within reach of the record.
- Tags: FL