1. On February 13, 1859, Oregon was admitted as the 33rd state of the United States of America. The state of Oregon was formed after the Oregon Territory was split up into different states.
2. The town of Silverton, Oregon was incorporated on February 13, 1857. The town was named after Silver Creek, which runs through the area.
3. On February 13, 1920, Portland, Oregon celebrated the grand opening of the Bagdad Theater. The theater was originally built as a silent movie theater but has since been converted to a live music venue and bar.
4. In 2015, February 13 marked the first day of the annual Oregon Truffle Festival. The festival celebrates the Pacific Northwest's native truffles and features a variety of events including cooking demonstrations, truffle hunts, and truffle tastings.
5. February 13, 2016 was the date of the Brian Grant Foundation's Shake it Till We Make It Gala in Portland, Oregon. The foundation was created by former NBA player Brian Grant to raise awareness about Parkinson's disease and fund research for a cure.
5 Fun Facts About February 13 In Oregon History
---Learn Every Day: OR Today In History Facts Texted Each Day - Text: history or To: 618-270-4005---
- Tags: OR
← Older Post Newer Post →