1. William Henry Harrison was born on February 24, 1773 in Virginia. Harrison was the ninth President of the United States and served from 1841 until his death one month later. He is also known for his role in the battle of Tippecanoe in 1811 against Native American tribes in Indiana.
2. In 1912, the Indianapolis Auto Show opened its doors for the first time on February 24th. The show quickly became one of the largest automotive events in the country.
3. On February 24, 1956, the city of Notre Dame, Indiana was incorporated. The city is best known for the University of Notre Dame, which is located there and is one of the most prestigious Catholic universities in the country.
4. In 1988, the Heartland Film Festival was founded in Indianapolis, Indiana. The festival showcases independent films with the goal of inspiring filmmakers to create films that promote positive change.
5. On February 24, 2014, a snowstorm hit much of Indiana, causing road closures and power outages. The snowstorm was part of a larger weather system that affected much of the Eastern United States.
- Tags: IN