1. In 1904, the first tunnel completed under the Allegheny River in Pittsburgh was opened to the public. The Pittsburgh and Lake Erie Railroad tunnel allowed for easier transportation of goods and people across the river.
2. On January 28, 1958, the first female Pennsylvania state trooper graduated from the Pennsylvania State Police Academy. Betty Kleckner went on to have a successful career with the state police, paving the way for future generations of women in law enforcement.
3. In 1997, Philadelphia Flyers forward Eric Lindros became the youngest player in NHL history to score 500 career points. Lindros accomplished the feat at just 24 years and 155 days old.
4. On January 28, 1965, a major snowstorm hit the eastern United States, including Pennsylvania. Philadelphia received 30 inches of snow, while other parts of the state received over a foot. The storm caused widespread power outages and travel disruptions.
5. Pennsylvania native and musician Taylor Swift was born on January 28, 1989. Swift, who grew up in Reading, has become one of the best-selling music artists of all time, winning numerous awards and selling over 50 million albums worldwide.
5 Fun Facts About January 28 In Pennsylvania History
---Learn Every Day: PA Today In History Facts Texted Each Day - Text: history pa To: 618-270-4005---
- Tags: PA
← Older Post Newer Post →