1. In 1862, the Battle of Malvern Hill took place in Henrico County, Virginia, during the American Civil War. Several soldiers from North Carolina participated in the battle as part of the Confederate Army.
2. On July 12, 1994, the world-famous pianist and conductor Vladimir Ashkenazy performed at the Brevard Music Center in Brevard, North Carolina. The concert featured works by Mozart, Beethoven, and Brahms.
3. In 1965, the Winston-Salem State University Choir performed at the National Cathedral in Washington, D.C. The choir, which was founded in 1892, is known for its powerful gospel and spiritual music.
4. On July 12, 1944, a B-24 Liberator plane crashed in the mountains near Beech Creek in Watauga County, North Carolina. All ten crew members aboard the plane were killed in the crash.
5. In 2002, the North Carolina Museum of Art in Raleigh unveiled a new outdoor sculpture park featuring works by artists from around the world. The park, which covers 164 acres, features a variety of contemporary and modern sculptures, as well as walking trails and other outdoor activities.
- Tags: NC