1. Oregon became a state on July 12, 1853. The state was admitted to the Union as the 33rd state and was named after the river that flows through it.
2. On July 12, 1860, the first Pony Express arrived in Oregon. The Pony Express was a mail system that used horseback riders to deliver mail across the United States.
3. In 1971, the first Oregon Country Fair was held in Veneta, Oregon on July 12. The fair is now an annual tradition and is known for its eclectic mix of music, food, and crafts.
4. On July 12, 1969, the Oregon Health Division was created. The division is responsible for promoting public health in the state and manages programs related to disease control, chronic disease prevention, and environmental health.
5. The Steamboat Springs Farm in Oregon was designated as a National Historic Place on July 12, 2007. The farm was established in 1901 and is known for its historic barn and agricultural practices.
5 Fun Facts About July 12 In Oregon History
---Learn Every Day: OR Today In History Facts Texted Each Day - Text: history or To: 618-270-4005---
- Tags: OR
← Older Post Newer Post →