1. In 1981, the state of Delaware enacted its seat belt law which made it mandatory for drivers and front seat passengers to wear seat belts while driving.
2. On July 7, 2000, the Delaware Seashore State Park celebrated its 50th anniversary. The park has been a popular destination for tourists and locals alike since it first opened in 1950.
3. In 1967, the Supreme Court of Delaware handed down its decision in the case of Morris v. Saxton, which helped to establish the legal rights of patients in mental health institutions.
4. July 7, 1778 marked the day when French naval forces arrived in Delaware Bay to assist the Continental Army during the American Revolutionary War.
5. On July 7, 1980, the University of Delaware was designated as a National Historic Landmark, recognizing its significant contributions to research, education, and the community.
- Tags: DE