1. In 1910, a devastating tornado struck the town of McKenzie, North Dakota. The town was completely destroyed and 11 people were killed.
2. On June 11, 1922, the North Dakota State Capitol building was dedicated. The building, located in Bismarck, is still the seat of the state government.
3. In 1937, a group of farmers in North Dakota formed the National Farmers' Union. The group was formed to help provide financial support for farmers during the Great Depression.
4. On June 11, 1956, the US Air Force opened the Minot Air Force Base in North Dakota. The base was built to help protect the United States during the Cold War.
5. In 1989, a fire broke out at the Turtle Mountain Indian Reservation in North Dakota. The fire destroyed several homes and forced hundreds of people to evacuate.
- Tags: ND