1. In 2016, the Dalí Museum in St. Petersburg opened an exhibit showcasing the work of Frida Kahlo, a renowned Mexican artist known for her self-portraits and surrealist style.
2. On June 24, 1985, Hurricane Bob struck the Florida Panhandle, causing significant damage and flooding in the area.
3. In 1961, astronaut Virgil "Gus" Grissom became the first person in history to travel into space twice, aboard the Liberty Bell 7 spacecraft.
4. The St. Augustine Lighthouse, one of the oldest lighthouses in the United States, was originally lit on June 24, 1824.
5. On June 24, 1934, notorious gangster John Dillinger was shot and killed by FBI agents outside of the Biograph Theater in Chicago, Illinois. Despite not taking place in Florida, this event had an impact on the state as Dillinger was widely rumored to have hidden out in Florida during his criminal career.
- Tags: FL