1. In 1783, a group of Spanish explorers led by Pedro Fages began their journey from San Diego to Monterey, marking one of the first recorded expeditions through California.
2. On June 25, 1846, the Bear Flag Revolt broke out in Sonoma, California, when a group of American settlers declared California an independent republic, raising a flag featuring a bear and a star.
3. The iconic Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, California, officially opened to the public on June 25, 1937, after four years of construction.
4. In 1978, the Rainbow Flag, a symbol of LGBTQ+ pride, was first flown in San Francisco during the city's annual Gay Freedom Day Parade, which was held on June 25 that year.
5. On June 25, 2015, the Supreme Court of the United States ruled in favor of marriage equality, legalizing same-sex marriage nationwide, including in California.
- Tags: CA