1. March 11, 1889 – North Dakota becomes a state: On this day in 1889, North Dakota officially became the 39th state in the United States of America.
2. March 11, 1964 – Winter storm hits North Dakota: On this day, a massive winter storm hit North Dakota, causing more than $1 million in damages and leading to several deaths.
3. March 11, 1997 – Fargo flood: On this day in 1997, the city of Fargo experienced a devastating flood that caused over $3 billion in damages and affected more than 50,000 residents.
4. March 11, 2019 – Natural gas pipeline explosion: On this day, a natural gas pipeline explosion occurred near Tioga, North Dakota, causing a massive fireball and leading to the evacuation of nearby residents.
5. March 11, 2020 – First COVID-19 case recorded in North Dakota: On this day, the first case of COVID-19 was recorded in North Dakota, marking the beginning of a pandemic that would impact the state and the world for years to come.
- Tags: ND