1. In 1964, the Great Plains Winter Sports Carnival was held in Fargo, North Dakota. The event included activities such as ice-skating, skiing, and a sled parade.
2. In 1988, the North Dakota House of Representatives passed a bill that would require all kids over the age of four attending school to wear bicycle helmets while riding to and from school.
3. In 1992, a high-speed train traveling from Chicago to Seattle derailed near Carrington, North Dakota. The incident caused several injuries and was attributed to a faulty rail.
4. In 2000, the North Dakota State Legislature passed a law requiring all drivers to display "In God We Trust" on their license plates.
5. In 2015, North Dakota became the first state to allow police to use drones equipped with non-lethal weapons such as tasers or pepper spray. Critics argued that the use of drones for law enforcement was a serious privacy violation.
- Tags: ND