1. In 1984, the town of Wilburton, Oklahoma set a world record for the largest Easter egg hunt. They hid over 400,000 eggs throughout the town!
2. On March 24, 1905, the University of Oklahoma was founded. Today, it is the flagship university of the state and has over 30,000 students.
3. In 1976, Oklahoma became the last state to abolish capital punishment. However, it was reinstated in 1990.
4. The Battle of Middle Boggy took place on March 24, 1864, during the Civil War. Union soldiers were ambushed by Confederate troops and suffered heavy losses.
5. Oklahoma City's famous Myriad Botanical Gardens officially opened on March 24, 1988. It spans 17 acres and features a variety of plant species, as well as a playground and splash fountain.
5 Fun Facts About March 24 In Oklahoma History
---Learn Every Day: OK Today In History Facts Texted Each Day - Text: history ok To: 618-270-4005---
- Tags: OK
← Older Post Newer Post →