1. Iowa Voted for Grant: In 1868, Iowans helped elect Civil War hero and Republican candidate Ulysses S. Grant as President of the United States. Grant would go on to serve two terms as president.
2. Murderous Blizzard: On November 10, 1940, a massive blizzard swept across Iowa, bringing with it frigid temperatures and high winds. Over 150 people lost their lives as a result of the terrible storm.
3. Riverside Casino Opens: The Riverside Casino and Resort, located in Riverside, Iowa, officially opened its doors on November 10, 2006. The casino is owned by the Iowa Tribe of Kansas and Nebraska.
4. Women Get the Vote: On November 10, 1919, Iowa became the tenth state to ratify the 19th Amendment to the United States Constitution. The amendment gave women the right to vote.
5. Wide Receiver Born: Iowa City native Marvin McNutt, Jr. was born on November 10, 1988. McNutt played college football at the University of Iowa and went on to have a brief career in the NFL with the Philadelphia Eagles and Carolina Panthers.
- Tags: IA