1. On November 22, 1905, Oklahoma officially became the 46th state of the United States, after a long and contentious process of gaining statehood. The state's rich history and diverse culture have made it a unique and fascinating place to live and visit.
2. In 1963, President John F. Kennedy was assassinated while in Dallas, Texas. Many Oklahomans still remember that tragic day and the impact it had on the nation and the world.
3. November 22, 1928, is a significant date in aviation history, as it marks the first non-stop flight across the Pacific Ocean, from California to Australia. The flight was completed by Australian aviator Sir Charles Kingsford-Smith and his crew.
4. In 1904, the first game of football was played between two Oklahoma schools, the Chilocco Indian School and the Kingfisher College team. This game marked the beginning of a long and proud tradition of football in the state.
5. On November 22, 1968, the first ever Christmas tree was lit up in the city of Tulsa's Downtown Square. The tradition of lighting a giant Christmas tree in the city's center has continued every year since, bringing joy and holiday spirit to the people of Tulsa and beyond.
5 Fun Facts About November 22 In Oklahoma History
---Learn Every Day: OK Today In History Facts Texted Each Day - Text: history ok To: 618-270-4005---
- Tags: OK
← Older Post Newer Post →