1. On November 27, 1786, Pennsylvania became the second state to ratify the United States Constitution, following Delaware. The Constitution was created at the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania from May to September of 1787.
2. The Pennsylvania Railroad opened its first station in Pittsburgh on November 27, 1851. The station, named "Pennsylvania Station," became one of the busiest and most important stations in the country, serving as a major transportation hub for the region.
3. On November 27, 1895, the Allegheny County Courthouse was dedicated in Pittsburgh. The building, which took six years to construct, features a distinctive neo-classical design and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
4. In 1923, the first commercially successful swim fins were invented by Louis de Corlieu in Penns Grove, Pennsylvania. The fins, which were made of rubber, helped swimmers to move more quickly through the water and have since become a popular accessory for divers and snorkelers.
5. The Pittsburgh Steelers played their first game at Three Rivers Stadium on November 27, 1970. The stadium, which was named for the three rivers that converge in Pittsburgh, served as the home of the Steelers until it was demolished in 2001. During its existence, the stadium was host to numerous memorable sports moments, including the Immaculate Reception in 1972.
5 Fun Facts About November 27 In Pennsylvania History
---Learn Every Day: PA Today In History Facts Texted Each Day - Text: history pa To: 618-270-4005---
- Tags: PA
← Older Post Newer Post →