1) On November 28, 1905, Oklahoma became the 46th state in the United States.
2) On November 28, 1942, the Tuskegee Airmen, a group of African American pilots, completed their advanced flight training at the Tuskegee Army Air Field in Alabama. Many of these pilots went on to serve in World War II and were recognized for their bravery and skill.
3) November 28, 1964, marked the dedication of the National Cowboy Hall of Fame and Western Heritage Center in Oklahoma City, honoring the legacy and traditions of the American West.
4) On November 28, 1988, a magnitude 6.5 earthquake struck near the town of El Reno, Oklahoma. Although there were no fatalities, the earthquake caused significant damage to buildings and infrastructure in the area.
5) On November 28, 2015, the Oklahoma State Cowboys football team defeated the Oklahoma Sooners 38-35 in the annual Bedlam rivalry game. This marked the first time in 10 years that the Cowboys had won the game, and they went on to win the Big 12 championship later that season.
5 Fun Facts About November 28 In Oklahoma History
---Learn Every Day: OK Today In History Facts Texted Each Day - Text: history ok To: 618-270-4005---
- Tags: OK
← Older Post Newer Post →