1. On November 4, 1922, the Arkansas Razorbacks football team played the Centre College Praying Colonels in what is referred to as the "most important football game ever played in the South." It was the first ever college football game broadcast on radio, and Arkansas won 16-15.
2. The Museum of Discovery in Little Rock, which features hands-on exhibits on science, technology, engineering, and math, opened its doors on November 4, 1998.
3. Arkansas resident Johnny Cash, known as the "Man in Black" and one of the most influential musicians of the 20th century, was born on November 4, 1932 in Kingsland.
4. On November 4, 2014, Arkansas voters approved the legalization of medical marijuana in the state. Arkansas became one of the first states in the South to legalize medical marijuana.
5. In 1916, the Arkansas State Capitol building was completed in Little Rock. It is known for its neoclassical design and iconic dome and remains a popular tourist attraction to this day.
- Tags: AR