1. North Dakota became a state on November 8, 1889. On this day, it was admitted as the 39th state of the United States.
2. The infamous Bank of North Dakota was established on November 8, 1919. It is the only state-owned bank in the United States and has been recognized as a model for public banking.
3. The first woman elected to Congress from North Dakota, Elizabeth Preston Anderson, was born on November 8, 1875. She was elected to the House of Representatives in 1950 and served until 1953.
4. The first airplane flight in North Dakota took place on November 8, 1911. The flight was piloted by John W. Lambert and took off from a field in Fargo.
5. The Great Northern Railway completed a line to Maxbass, North Dakota on November 8, 1904. The new route opened up transportation and shipping opportunities for farmers and businesses in the area.
- Tags: ND