1. On October 27, 1948, Cole Porter, a famous composer and songwriter from Peru, Indiana, passed away at the age of 73. Porter's music has had a lasting impact on American culture and still remains popular today.
2. October 27, 1858 marked the opening of the first official Indiana state fair. The fair was held in Indianapolis and featured various agricultural displays and competitions.
3. In 1918, on October 27, the infamous Spanish flu pandemic reached Indiana. The state was one of the hardest hit areas in the Midwest, causing widespread illness and death.
4. On October 27, 1822, the first Indiana constitution was adopted. This document established the state's government and laid the framework for Indiana's political system.
5. On October 27, 1968, the Indianapolis Colts won their first game at their new home, the Hoosier Dome. The team defeated the New England Patriots 34-27 in front of a crowd of over 60,000 fans.
- Tags: IN