1. Construction of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway started on September 2, 1909. The speedway has since grown to become a world-renowned racing venue and home to the famous Indianapolis 500.
2. On September 2, 1925, the first state highway marker was erected in Indiana. The marker was a milestone in developing Indiana's transportation infrastructure and helped to improve travel and commerce throughout the state.
3. The Indiana State Fair has a rich history in the state, and it all started on September 2, 1852, when the first Indiana State Fair was held. The event has continued annually ever since, showcasing Indiana agriculture and featuring entertainment and food vendors.
4. On September 2, 1917, Indiana University's Memorial Stadium was dedicated. The stadium, located in Bloomington, has served as the home of Indiana University football for over 90 years.
5. The Wabash River, which runs through western Indiana, was declared a National Heritage River on September 2, 1996. It is home to a diverse range of wildlife and has been an important water source for Indiana communities for centuries.
- Tags: IN