1. In 1875, the first train arrived in Tampa, marking the beginning of Tampa's growth as a major transportation hub in Florida.
2. In 1969, Apollo 11 returned to Earth with the first men to walk on the moon, including Floridian astronaut Buzz Aldrin.
3. In 1932, Amelia Earhart became the first woman to complete a nonstop transcontinental flight, landing in Miami after flying from Los Angeles.
4. In 1821, Florida became a United States Territory, following years of Spanish and British control.
5. In 1972, Hurricane Agnes made landfall in Florida, causing significant damage and flooding in several counties.
- Tags: FL