1. In 1962, the first WalMart store in Florida opened its doors in Titusville. The store was just 18,000 square feet at the time and sold mostly hardware items.
2. July 31, 1981, was the day that Disney's Epcot Center in Orlando opened to the public. The park was Walt Disney's last major project and was designed to be an experimental prototype city.
3. In 2009, a new high-speed rail project was announced for Florida. The project, known as the Florida High-Speed Rail project, was set to link Orlando and Tampa and was expected to have a top speed of around 168 mph.
4. July 31, 2012, was the day that Tropical Storm Isaac formed in the Atlantic Ocean. The storm eventually made landfall in Louisiana as a Category 1 hurricane.
5. In 2017, the first medical marijuana dispensary in Florida opened its doors in Tallahassee. The dispensary was run by Trulieve, a company that specializes in medical marijuana products.
- Tags: FL