1. On March 30, 1812, Delaware officially became the twelfth state to join the United States War of 1812 against Great Britain.
2. In 1887, the Delaware General Assembly approved the construction of the first state-owned railroad that would run along the Delaware River, offering a quick and efficient mode of transportation for both passengers and cargo.
3. March 30, 1917 marked the birth of John W. Rollins, a prominent businessman and philanthropist from Delaware who was instrumental in shaping the state's economy and supporting numerous charitable causes.
4. The Delaware Memorial Bridge, a landmark suspension bridge that spans across the Delaware River and connects Delaware and New Jersey, opened on March 30, 1951, after three years of construction.
5. On March 30, 1976, the Delaware Supreme Court issued a landmark decision that recognized the right of a patient to refuse medical treatment, marking a significant milestone in the evolution of medical ethics and patient autonomy.
- Tags: DE