1. The 1907 Oklahoma Constitution was adopted on November 17, 1907. This constitution established Oklahoma as the 46th state in the United States.
2. On November 17, 1973, a tornado outbreak struck Oklahoma, killing seven people and causing extensive damage to the town of Del City.
3. November 17, 1889 was the first Oklahoma Land Run. Over 10,000 people rushed to claim their share of land in central Oklahoma, which was opened up for settlement by the U.S. government.
4. On November 17, 1944, the USS Oklahoma City was commissioned. This ship was named after the city of Oklahoma City and served in World War II, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War.
5. November 17, 1992 was the date of the Great Oklahoma City Fire. This devastating fire destroyed 15 buildings in downtown Oklahoma City, causing over $100 million in damages.
5 Fun Facts About November 17 In Oklahoma History
---Learn Every Day: OK Today In History Facts Texted Each Day - Text: history ok To: 618-270-4005---
- Tags: OK
← Older Post Newer Post →