1. In 1971, the iconic Dolphin Stadium (now Hard Rock Stadium) was opened in Miami Gardens, Florida. It is the home stadium of the Miami Dolphins and the University of Miami Hurricanes football team.
2. On November 24, 1987, Florida's governor Bob Martinez proclaimed the Key deer as Florida's official state animal. The Key deer is an endangered species that only inhabits the Florida Keys.
3. In 1863, the Battle of Fort Brooke took place in Tampa Bay during the Civil War. Union forces led by Brigadier General Truman Seymour successfully captured the fort from Confederate troops.
4. The first American amusement park, Cypress Gardens, opened in Winter Haven, Florida, on November 24, 1936. The park featured water skiing shows, botanical gardens, and Southern Belles in antebellum dresses.
5. NASA's Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution Mission (MAVEN) was launched on November 24, 2013, from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida. The spacecraft's primary goal was to study the Martian atmosphere and its influence on the planet's climate.
- Tags: FL