1. In 1843, the Indiana Canal System was completed, connecting the Ohio River to Lake Erie and enabling easier transportation of goods throughout the state.
2. On October 10, 1903, the first automobile race in Indiana took place in Indianapolis, with American driver Barney Oldfield winning the 5-mile race in just over 5 minutes.
3. In 1935, the Indiana State Fairgrounds Coliseum opened in Indianapolis, providing a venue for concerts, sporting events, and the annual state fair.
4. October 10, 1995 marked the dedication of the Indiana War Memorial Plaza in downtown Indianapolis, honoring the state's veterans and featuring a museum, auditorium, and outdoor monuments.
5. In 2013, the Indianapolis Colts football team hosted the first ever Monday Night Football game in the city, defeating the San Diego Chargers 19-9.
- Tags: IN