1. On September 21, 1899, the first issue of the Williams News was printed in Williams, Arizona. The newspaper served as a valuable source of information for locals in the area.
2. On this day in 1937, construction of the Hoover Dam was completed. The dam, located on the Arizona-Nevada border, is still an iconic symbol of American engineering and innovation.
3. In 1999, a major earthquake hit the Phoenix metropolitan area on September 21. The earthquake, which registered a magnitude of 5.8, caused significant damage to buildings and infrastructure in the region.
4. September 21, 2001 marked the opening of the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art (SMoCA). The museum has become an important cultural center in the state and hosts a variety of exhibitions and events throughout the year.
5. Finally, September 21, 2005 saw the groundbreaking of the light rail system in Phoenix. The Valley Metro Rail system has since become a popular mode of transportation for locals and visitors alike.
- Tags: AZ