1. On December 30, 1825, the territorial legislature of Florida passed a resolution to officially establish Tallahassee as the capital city.
2. In 1851, the first newspaper in Key West, the "Key of the Gulf," was published on December 30th.
3. On December 30, 1893, construction began on the Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse, which became an iconic landmark of the Florida coast.
4. In 1927, a major hurricane struck the Miami area on December 30th, causing extensive damage and loss of life.
5. On December 30, 1968, the first Miami International Pop Festival took place, featuring famous artists such as Jimi Hendrix and the Grateful Dead. The event marked a milestone in the history of music festivals in Florida.
- Tags: FL